1.19.2007

Breaking up is hard to do.
Ever been in a really bad relationship that made you feel like crap, that required you to obsess for hours about what to do and to examine how you felt, and where the person alternated between acting sweetly and horribly? And maybe you even had a dream about when and how it would end, and when you woke up your only regret was that it hadn't ended yet? And perhaps the relationship indeed ends, but you are shocked to find that you feel so empty inside that you want to take a bubble bath and listen to Michael Bolton?

Lucy just broke up with me.

Well, not really Lucy, but her parents. It was an odd turn of events. First she acts like a miniature-size crazy woman for three months straight, but after Christmas break, is on her best behavior and starts hugging me and warming up to me and everyone. But while I am enjoying the upside, her parents start acting funny. First they sign my new contract, but cross out the part that says if I must take them to court for non-payment, that they won't pay my attorney's fees. I find it odd that they won't sign this, being that they always pay me and I can only assume, don't plan to be taken to court. Anyway. I stress, consult my provider expert friends, and agree to cross out the line in question if in exchange, they will pre-pay for their last two weeks of care.

Then, as I am planning my vacations for the year, I drop them (and the other parents) an email asking when their vacations will be so that I can plan mine at the same time. They say to go ahead and plan mine; they will work around them. While at it, I ask if my holiday closures are an inconvenience to them. They say no.

Today he drops off the revised contract along with the last two weeks of care, which I decide to tuck away in a far away account, so it doesn't get spent before the time comes. Nine hours later, at pickup, he drops the bomb. My hours are too hard for them to work with, so they are going with a center. Plus, I have lots of days off.

My wildest dream came true. So why do I feel like crap?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kyla said...

Oh, I'm sorry!!It always sucks to be the dump-ee.

Like the time that Dani broke up with JD on Scrubs? He totally didn't like her, but hated that she broke up with him.

Plus, the spot filling worries. Hang in there!

8:10 AM  
Blogger dodo said...

do you? have lots of days off? It doesn't seem like it from here. by holiday closures do they mean public holidays? other people's minds are hard to fathom.
how do you think it will impact your group dynamic?

8:41 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

It does suck that they quit, but on the bright side, maybe this is the best thing that could have happened. If Lucy had reverted to her terrible tantrums, it would have continued to be hard on you and all the other kids.

--Cristina/MotR

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home