3.28.2007

Double Standard.
Once again, we (all right, MySpace) has sexualized breastfeeding as naughty, explicit, and indecent, while happily remaining OK with non-mom boobs hanging out for the world to see. In actuality, I don't care whose boobs are begging to be seen. As I think I've said before, they are just boobs. I am not particularly offended by boobs on the covers of magazines or elsewhere -- sexual or otherwise. But if you are going to object to breastfeeding boobs, then you really need to object to the other ones.

The issue:


Do something:
http://www.petitiononline.com/Brstfeed/petition.html

See for yourself what all the fuss is about:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=86080373

Are you offended?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kyla said...

I don't understand it. I think it is largely a man-issue. I remember calling Josh at work the day KayTar finally latched on after a month of trying and his work buddy said "Eww, can't that wait for home?" but he's totally okay with strip clubs...because THAT is what boobs are really for. *eye roll*

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This stuff never ceases to amaze me. I just don't get what people are thinking. I could go on and on about how ludicrious this is, but I think you know I agree with you totally on this issue so I'm just going to go sign the petition! Thanks for linking to it.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home