4.09.2007

The big downside of running a home daycare.
My baby thinks my name is Andrea.

At first, I thought it was my imagination. After all, his pronunciation is not great. But when I put him in his enclosed area and went upstairs for a minute, I heard the following (yelled with great enthusiasm):

"Aaaa-eeeee-aaaaa!"

Naw, couldn't be.

The next day, same thing.

Everytime I go upstairs, I hear, "Aanneaaaaaa" or something similar. I have finally come to accept that my baby, my 13 month-old who barely speaks, no longer calls me mommy. This makes sense, as he hears the big kids (including his brother, who likes to push my buttons) call me Andrea. Now that I think of it, he has not called me mama in a few months.

I have been working hard to teach him that I am, in fact, his mommy, but he has been ignoring me.

3 Comments:

Blogger dodo said...

ouch.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Awwww. Maybe you could bribe the big kids into calling you "Mommy."

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! You better have J start calling you "mommy" so that he hears at least one other person saying it :)

p.s. glad you're back. was wondering if you were still going to post!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home