9.19.2006

A little part of me has officially died.

I was waiting at my chiropractor's office and I picked up an issue of Real Simple. You know, the magazine offering emotional well-being, organizational tips, and crafty solutions to problems you didn't know you had to women of, um, my age. I was ashamed and embarrassed to admit to myself that the Table of Contents was fascinating. When the doctor called for me, I was disappointed to have to leave it behind.

Have you ever been reading something and had this feeling of, “I must continue. The finish line is near?” Anyone? I felt that way last month reading Jane, my former favorite magazine. And since I subscribe to it, I felt that it would only be fair to finish it. Sure, it is somewhat edgy and the writing is good, but I had the distinct feeling that it was not written for me. Let's explore some of the latest topics.

Plan for your hangover
Wild girl Eva Longoria stripped down and way sexier
Q&A Zach Braff
Take our new poll... Is it cheating?
How classy girls have naughty sex*
* might explore that one later

My mom and I were talking awhile back about our chronological ages. She is in her seventies and insists that in her mind, she still feels fifteen. She thinks and feels exactly like she did at that age. And I totally understand, because I do too.

But for the first time, since, I don't know – since I was in college, I feel distinctly different. As a youngin' I couldn't wait to be in my early 20's. Once arrived, I was happy. In my late 20's, I looked back and smiled at how cool I was. But now I am at a new point (I'm thirty-one, OK? Thirty-one!!!)-- and I'm not looking back anymore. I'm not sure I'm really looking ahead, either, but something is different. Let's explore some recent topics in Real Simple to further illustrate my point.

Do You Really Need That Beauty Product?
The Truth About Sizing—How to Find Clothes That Fit
Organizing Your Digital Photos
101 Extraordinary Uses for Everyday Things

And look how pretty:


I've decided to subscribe already.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

Great post. I know exactly what you mean. I think I'd prefer a Real Simple subscription as well. But do let me know what you find out about that naughty sex article. (he he)

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home