11.30.2006

Shopping for men
Does anyone know the secret to buying a good Christmas gift for your male significant other?

My husband does so much for me, and I still have butterflies almost every time I see him. And as time goes on, it becomes more and more apparant to me that I made the right choice in marrying him. Seriously. He's the best.

Yet my Christmas gifts to him always suck. I know it.

I know that all men are hard to buy for, as I've heard other women complain about this. But my man is particularly hard. For example:

* He does not like jewelry of any kind. The watch I bought him 3 years ago sits in his box of momentos. You know, sentimental reasons.

* He does not like cologne or after shave.

* He has indicated he is not crazy about clothing purchases.

* He loves political stuff, and in previous years I have purchased political playing cards, a book, daily calendar with witty sayings, and some cheesy stuff like that. I think it was a moderate success at best.

* Sentimental pictures of kids in frames -- been there, done that.

* My old standby of CD purchases is not an option now that everything is downloadable.

* He loves electronics, but we are on a tight budget.

The Internet has been of little help. Let's explore.

Star Wars Lightsaber
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Remote Controlled Crawling Hand
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Under Armour Men's Heat Gear Full T-Shirt
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mansilk Sexy Silk Boxers
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Intimo Men's Liquid Metallic Bikini
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

TV Volume Regulator
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Boob Stress Reliever
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Gentlemen's Willy Care Kit (containing fluffing brush, styling shears, sprucing mirror, and evening wear silver jewelry)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dolly the Inflatable Sheep
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Spankometer
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am open to suggestions.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm voting for the boob stress reliever and the willy care kit. 2 things no man should have to live without.

The lightsaber is pretty cool, but won't get you as many good wife points! LOL you have a great writing style, it always makes me laugh!

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. SO much to choose from...And I was having a hard time figuring out what to buy for Mista.

I think I'll get him the boob stress reliever.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

What the heck is a spankometer? Nevermind. I don't want to know.

But the Gentlemen's Willy Care Kit? Now THAT is a find! As is the boob stress reliever. Priceless.

How about tickets to a sports game for the hubz?

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You should be a personal shopper...those are QUITE the finds. *lol*

7:03 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Jenn - Thank you! I've had a stressful week and your comment made me smile.
ALL your comments made me smile!
maybe I can be a personal shopper outside of daycare hours. If only I could get paid for shopping...

7:23 AM  
Blogger Me said...

None of the above.

:)

Go for a Barnes and Noble Gift Card or a Best Buy Gift Card. Wrap it in a box with something heavier to give weight to it. Then put it in a bigger box. (You know... to throw him off. LOL).

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know gift cards sound like a cop out...but My Guy would rather pick out his OWN stuff than have me try to decide what type of transistor he wants. I usually opt for Radio Shack (the electronic guys' temple) GI Joes (sporting goods) is good, too.
Or the gift that keeps giving...a mag subscription to Popular Electronics, Nuts and Volts or a political mag that he likes.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Janean, What's a transistor? :) Great suggestions (mag subscription). Thanks!
aka_meritt - funny. I shall try that too.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home