10.02.2006

He really does love me!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dear mommy,
Did you really think I had left you? I was never too busy for you, I just had other things to do. Didn't you know that a full, open-mouthed kiss on your check is the same as a love proclamation? I actually usually aim for your mouth, but will settle for the cheek.
I just couldn't help it, what with everything -- curtains, flies, kitty cats, crap on the rug, my toes, electrical wires, tall house plants -- being so new and all. Now that that stuff is old and normal to me, I am starting to remember how fascinating you are. Especially the inside of your mouth, backs of your teeth, black nose hairs, glasses, and ear lobes. I can't believe I forgot about you a little.
Never forget i love you.
Your Will


I got my boy back last week.
Just over the last couple days he has been making eye contact with me again.
The slobby wet kisses have returned.
The sincere, sparkly eye contact followed by coos, soft eye blinks, gummy smiles, and raised shoulders have returned.
He giggles whenever he sees me.
He cries a little when I put him down.
He didn't complain when I made him sleep in our bed twice - because I was too tired to return him to his crib.
And, most of all, he is willing and even enthusiastic about consuming mama's milk instead of jar food, even doing this during daycare hours. Incredible.

I am smitten.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kyla said...

Very sweet. :)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Thanks, Kyla! I was afraid it was too cheesy, so thanks for the feedback.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home