10.18.2006

You know things are bad when...
...you fight over who had the worse day.
Example:
Husband: I love when it takes me an hour and a half to get home.
Me: Or when it takes an hour to get sick baby down for each of his three naps.
Husband: Lots of accidents from the first snow today.
Me: He had diarrhea today.
Pause.
Me: I have bad news... regarding the cat poop in the bed.
Husband (looking at me): I guess this means you want me to clean it up?
Me: I cleaned up human poop all day. Your turn.
Husband: I need to get all the snow out of the tree outside first, before the snow breaks off anymore branches. I'll get to the bed later.
Me: Did I mention (client) is pulling her son on her maternity leave? My income will drop in two weeks.
Husband: That's nice.

You'd think this sort of day would mean Will would have a good night's sleep. You'd think.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Gah! SOunds like the bear got both of you... As in "somedays you get the bear. And some days the bear gets you!" Here's hoping you kick some bear ass tomorrow!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I'm working on kicking it now! So far the kids are taking very long naps, so I am so lucky.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Husband does this to me just as we are laying our heads down on the pillow. So relaaaaaxing. Does wonders for your sex life too!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

You mean he mentions things like cat poop and reduced incomes right before you go to bed? Yeah, that's not good. Good birth control, though.
:)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Ugh! I always get to win who had the worst day around here. I can use the blood work card for up to a week because of the emotional distress...then he backs down. *lol*

7:32 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Oh, man. This sounds bad. I'm not sure who had it worse, but I'm leaning towards you. The cleaning up human poop all day long tipped the scales in your favor I think.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home