11.04.2006

Smart kid, or just a smarty pants?

Charlie (to daddy): Daddy, that's dirty laundry?
Daddy: Yes.
Charlie: That makes mommy sad.
Daddy: Really, sad?
Charlie: Yes. And frustrated.

Later...
The kids are sitting around the table doing an art project that involves cutting (with kid-safe scissors, of course)
Me: Charlie, stop using those scissors to cut that crayon.
Charlie: No.
Me: Do you want me to take them away?
Charlie: Mommy, you go in that next room, and then I use this scissors to cut this crayon???
It is a genuine question.

Later...
Charlie gets a time-out. He doesn't stay in it. So I give him the once-dreaded but now-useless Upstairs Time-Out, which is supposed to involve boring time away from his best friends. I put him in Will's baby room, because it is extra boring in there. Two minutes later I go to release him. He is sitting in Will's crib, holding one of his wall pictures in his hands.
Me: Uh, Charlie...
Charlie: Mommy, mommy! This picture fell off this wall, so I jump up here on crib, and I catch it.
Wow. My hero.

Later...
We step over a kid's nap mat, lying in the middle of the floor.
Charlie: This is a bed for cuddling on. Mommy, will you cuddle with me, on this bed, right now?
Awww.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

Aww. That last one was so sweet. It's like it erases all of the "smarty pants" things he said before :)

Oh, and that first one was just classic. He really hit it on the head. Dirty laundry makes me feel sad and frustrated too!

10:15 PM  
Blogger dodo said...

it's amazing how a split second of that can even make even laundry frustration seem like a distant memory!


those doors you ordered, madam.

http://dodothatvoodoo.blogspot.com/2006/11/portals-for-mortals-those-extra-doors.html

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't take it.

He is very smart. He knows what frustrates you! AND...he knows your soft spot. How do they do that?

3:19 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

*lol* BubTar is always #2,

"We don't play SEE-FOOD at the table."
"But when I'm at SCHOOL and you aren't THERE? How will you know?" or some variation of the same.


Agh!! I thought I had until at least junior high for him to rebel when I'm not around!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home