11.09.2006

It was worth every agonizing second.
I love to vote. I'm going to save my giddiness over this year's results for another post, but for now I just want to comment on the voting machines. Yes, they are efficient. Yes, they are easy and don't require "computer experience," (as the pre-recorded voice told those of us in line over and over, and over again). Yes, they are maybe perhaps less likely to be riddled with problems than paper voting. But there are so few of them that the lines were outta control... Two hours, thirty-five minutes I stood in line. With such boredom I was even excited to get to the stale popcorn table, and then the extra-strong-from-sitting-out-forever coffee table. With such boredom I was excited when Guy Behind Me made his twentieth cell phone call so that I would have something to listen to. I was even excited to read the little stack of church brochures that decorated the long long hallways.
But I did it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger dodo said...

TWO HOURS THIRTY FIVE MINUTES? isn't that about the time it takes a proferssional marathan runner to finish? OR the time it takes to roast a turkey? OR fly halfway across the country?
That's INSANE.
On the upside, i guess it means a lot of people were voting. Over here we've gt so apathetic about the quality and choice of politicians on the ballot, that our turnout rate is shameful. Our polling stations have cobwebs and tumbleweed

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home